Pagan moms who celebrate yule

What are some good fruits to put in Stockings of my daughters for Yule? Obviously some that are in season lol. My girls are 3 1/2 and 5 years old. we are planing on dinner dec 21st and Dec 22nd morning opening presents but for them only. Hubby wants to open his present from me on dec 25th and i will do the same for him. Thanks in advance

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'd stick with pears and apples. Pomegranates would be common for cultures further East, too, but no way I'd ever turn a 5 year old loose with a pomegranate!
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:54 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I love pomegranites and clementines around Christmas. I have tons of both in my fridge right now- this always seems to be the season for them! Though I agree, small children plus fruit that never washes out are not always a good mix!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:58 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I'm pretty sure citrus is a winter fruit...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:46 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I usually don't put the fruit in stockings... I will put out a nice large bowl of it... we are the clementine and pomegranate fans around here...
    But for your little ones I would stick with the clementine oranges and apples...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:19 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• OP here, we dont have Clementine at all in the market. maybe i can find some at a different place but i doubt it. I havent seen any for a long long time. We dont like Pomegranates.
    Anonymous

• Apples and pears, boxes of raisins, prunes, cherries and cranberries. Any dried fruit as it's a winter fare.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 11:05 PM on Dec. 11, 2009