Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i need help in finding low income housing in NJ.

im a 21 year old single parent and i am currently in school and living with relatives. I am kind of sick of them looking down on me and making me feel unfomfortable in the house so i was wondering if anyone knew where i could apply for low income housing and if anyone has been in a similar situation and what did you do. Not in the mood right now for smart ass coments right now, just in the need of some advice. thanks.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

Answers (3)
  • I do not live in NJ but I'm looking for low income housing for my dad and Stepmom and my 3 siblings. I've had quite a bit of luck by calling Human Services. If they can't help you themselves they usually will have a number they can give you so that you can get help. I hope the best for you and good luck.

    Answer by Juggalette0327 at 9:59 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

  • Try the Housing Authority.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

  • You should apply for Section 8 housing. A co-worker of mine is on a rent-to-own program. With Section 8, you'll be able to pick an apartment or house...usually in an area you prefer. I'd look it up online or go to the office to get an application.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.