i need help in finding low income housing in NJ.

im a 21 year old single parent and i am currently in school and living with relatives. I am kind of sick of them looking down on me and making me feel unfomfortable in the house so i was wondering if anyone knew where i could apply for low income housing and if anyone has been in a similar situation and what did you do. Not in the mood right now for smart ass coments right now, just in the need of some advice. thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• Hi I live in NJ what county is your school in?
    Anonymous

• What I would do is go to/call the local Job and Family Services and they'll more than likely have a list for you. :) I just got my own low income apartment after living with my mom and sister for a couple of months. It was hell! lol. Good luck.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 10:02 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• You notify HUD. Its Housing Urban Development. Its listed or if your on any PA you can ask them. There IS a waiting list but do it anyway. Good Luck

jblueeyes228

Answer by jblueeyes228 at 10:02 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Go to NJ's local government website. It's probably NerJersey.gov - They will be able to help you in getting you the right information on Government assisted housing. (Also known as RA or Rent Assisted and Section 8). They'll also be able to guide you different assistance programs for you and your family. Such as WIC, Food Stamps, or anything else that you may possible need. Your Local government's website is the best way to find out all the correct information you need. Hopefully NJ's website is a lot easier to navigate then Michigans is.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:04 PM on Dec. 9, 2009