i have pcos could i be pregnant or is my mind playing games with me

Ok so I'm about to start clomid but I decided to try very hard this month naturally, I've been not really thinking about having a baby TRYING to eat healthy, I've been using preseed also I had intercourse for the whole week after my period everyother day my period ended about 14 days ago, for the past few days I've been very tired, peeing a lot,crazy headaches (pressure) today I started feeling bloated nauseas and dizzy. I know I should take a test but I'm so afraid it will be a BFN again, this isn't really a question just wanted to see what anyone has to say

bxmommy2be

Asked by bxmommy2be at 9:50 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• What is pcos and bfn?
    Anonymous

• not sure about pcos but bfn is Big Fat Negative
    Anonymous

• I just watched I didn't know I was pregnant and the woman on the show had PCOS. It is possible because that woman did! But women with PCOS can ovulate occasionally however the periods are so irregular most need some type of treatment to help them ovulate. And that's all I know.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 11:05 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• If you are afraid of a negative, I would continue doing what you are doing and if you are still having pregnancy symptoms a month from now I'd test. Don't stress about it and take care :)
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 11:07 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I have PCOS too. I don't know about you but I only have 2 cycles a year. I can feel ovulation so I know when it's happening. If you get a period every couple of months then I wouldn't count on a guaranteed ovulation 2 weeks after the start of your last period. If anything your chance to conceive was two weeks BEFORE your period even started.

BUT, you never know! I got a progesterone shot to start my period to do some day 3 fertility testing and lo and behold I ovulated on my own about 3.5 weeks later. With PCOS you never know what's going on in there and that's frustrating when you are ttc :(

I will say this though....make sure your doc gives you a blood pregnancy test before starting clomid, just to make sure! Please do your research on Clomid...find a message board or something, there are things to know :)
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 11:44 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I was told I have PCOS as well, but dr did not do any test. I have periods about every 4-6 weeks and that is why he said I have it... but after reading alot of these post I think he is probably wrong. I told him we wanted to ttc in january and he put me on metformin and said it was help with the ovulation and ttc. I would wait a few days before testing. The test usually do not show until at the least 14 days after conception. Good Luck
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 5:42 PM on Dec. 10, 2009