Need opinions on c section....

I have some medical conditions and i'm overwieght my doctor said I should think about having a planned c-section, do you think its safer to go that way or should I try naturally?

vampiregirl100

Asked by vampiregirl100 at 10:00 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (-5 Credits)
  • Try naturally. Look into a "natural birth group" on here for advice/ideas. C-sections SUCK.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 10:02 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• If you doctor thinks it is safer then i would do it! I had a emergency c-section because i had preeclapsia and my sons heart rate was to low.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 10:03 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• i have had 2 csections first 1 emergency 2nd i was going to do vbac but decided to do csec it isnt that bad, you have to think whats going to be best, and the best outcome is healthy mommy and baby. gl
    Anonymous

• THANK YOU ANON 10:04!!!
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 10:06 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• If you need a second opinion ask another doctor. I've had two c sections and haven't had any problems.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 10:09 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Can't really give an honest opinion because I don't know all your medical conditions (nor am I a doc to know how to properly evaluate them).

I can't imagine someone electing to have a c-section for no reason, but if there's a medical necessity don't let anyone tell you it's not "real birth" or anything silly like that.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:21 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• with my first pregnancy...i was in labor for 17 hours and nothing....after waiting that long I asked for a c-section ! ...and it is good I did because they realized my baby was stuck ....I was suppose to have a planned csection with my second, but he ended up being an emergency one as well...I had preeclampsia with both.... and they were both born 4 weeks early...
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 10:41 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• they say my baby will be too big and i have blood clot problems so they can moniter it better
    vampiregirl100

Answer by vampiregirl100 at 10:50 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Unless a miracle happens, my son is gonna be born on Jan 12 by c-section... I am overweight, have small non spreading hips and I couldnt dialate... I wish my docs would have scheduled one the first time, because i knew in my heart I would have to have a section... I would go that way... But thats just me
    Trinity0820

Answer by Trinity0820 at 12:00 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• My c-section was an emergency after many hours of nonprogressing labor, and it was my second child. My first was born vaginally. I don't know which is better. I think though if your doctor says to plan for a c-section, it might be the best way to avoid unnecessary risks to both yourself and your baby. The most important thing is a healthy baby born to a healthy mama.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Dec. 10, 2009