Do you lie about your income just to get free things here on CM?

Be honest its not that hard to do..My reason for asking is that so many families are doing without because of scammers,its a sad shame to lie and take something that anothers really needed!

nik_nak_mom

Asked by nik_nak_mom at 10:08 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Holidays

• That is HORRIBLE!

Even when my husband is unemployed, we don't qualify for any sort of assistance, unemployment pays too much!

We would NEVER consider taking from people who actually NEED things!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 10:12 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I'm a single mom and unemployed and STILL can make ends meet and pay for a good Christmas for my child. It annoys me when I really struggle and see people abusing the system and other peoples kindess. I know that there are others out there who can't afford food. I would never consider getting on PA or using Angel Tree or whatever even though I do qualify because its taking away from others. Makes me sick when people take away from the needy because they are selfish.
    Anonymous

• No, I think that some lie and say they make more then they actually do. Like I've read somewhere before. It's one extreme or another. They are either making over $100,000 or can't afford food, heat, clothes etc. Nobody is in between.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 10:36 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I've never asked for anything, and the things I've been offered haven't had any questions about income. So no, I've never lied to get anything. When I say our income is pitiful, I'm telling the honest truth. But it's never gotten me anything. I don't participate in the "adopt a family" groups or giveaways or anything, I'm just on the list for the one program that a lot of people are - the influencers or whatever. No income questions for that one. Haven't gotten any offers for that in a heckuva long time either.
    Anonymous

• Who would do that? I didn't know they were giving away free stuff on the site; huh learn something new...

My friend got; well IDK if scammed is it; but she adopted a family locally last year thru a program, then the woman was huffy with her on the phone when it was the woman who was late for their meet up and ended up never showing at all!! So my friend was sitting in parking lot with boxes of food and gifts and no one showed!! Insane!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• No, who ever does is just horrible
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:14 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I didn't know you could get free stuff on CM. Huh? Anyway, no I wouldn't do that.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:10 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Lots of scam artist out there doing the holidays that prey on the good nature of people hearts. People should be be weary especially since these people you don't know on the Internet.  Giving out personal information is not a good thing. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I have never gotten anything free on here besides friendship I do not lie about my income and considering there are people who have absolutely nothing taking from them would be wrong.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:47 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• No, I'm morally opposed to that! I hate helping people becuase I've started to question whether or not they really need it. It sucks! I used to help all the time but now I look at them and think you probably go home to a nice house and are just out here scamming people! :(
    Anonymous