any thoughts or comments?

Atheists at Christmas: Eat, drink and be wary
By PATRICK CONDON, Associated Press Writer Patrick Condon, Associated Press Writer – Wed Dec 9, 5:17 pm ET

MINNEAPOLIS – Angie O'Neill recently moved into a new apartment complex for seniors and she's trying to make new friends. But Christmas is a tough time of year for an atheist.

"All the planned activities at this time of year revolve around the church," said O'Neill, a retiree and an atheist for decades. continued

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Anonymous

• That Atheists need to stop being so sensitive imo. I don't believe in God whaa boo hoo. Get over your selves. So you have to "suffer" through people wanting to remember their beliefs. Since you don't believe in any higher being stfu and let the religiouse people have their worship seriously wtf are they doing to you that is so freakin bad?! Who'd a thunk that wishign someone a Merry Christmas was a crime, it has to be Happy Holidays or else the atheists and pagans shout how we are shoving God down their throats. Well Merry Christmas and enjoy you Bah Humbug...
    Anonymous

• It's cool she's found people she can relate to and have fun with.

But really being afraid of stores that play some religious themed holiday music seems to be a little lacking in tolerance to me....I've never minded religious music or pictures in shops that represented beliefs completely different from my own....it's not like they put it up for the purpose of bashing my beliefs, it's just something important to them, and I can respect that.
    Anonymous

• Anon 10:50, WOW, just that, wow!!!!!
    BeaMoore

Answer by BeaMoore at 11:27 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I am not religious as at all. I wouldn't really call myself an Atheist but I really don't believe in heaven/hell etc. I think its really silly that saying Merry Christmas is such a taboo. Hellooo? It is a holiday! I think we are getting way too PC about everything. The only issue I have with religion is that so many people kill each other over it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Thank you anon 1024. I love non whiny atheists!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:23 AM on Dec. 10, 2009