If you don't have a bowel movement regularly, does that mean your body will store the food as fat?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Health

• No, it just means you don't $hit regularly. :)
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 10:26 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Maybe it does, cuz if you don't poop before you weigh yourselt, its extra fat. Then once you poop, the extra fat is gone.
    Anonymous

• I used to poop regularly.. Now I dont. The only way I can get myself to poop normally is to drink a soda! I drink a coke and im good for about a week... Dunno why Coke has this effect on me but hey atleast im pooping lol
    Anonymous

• No. Your body stores the fat, nutrients, etc before it gets to the point where you need to pass it. If you're not having a bowel movement regularly then you need to go to the doctor for options to correct this. It isn't healthy not to have one regularly, but it does no store it as fat.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:52 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Are you drinking enough water and eating enough fruits, vegetables, whole grains?

Answer by rkoloms at 6:31 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Poop is waste, it's all the stuff that is left over after your body processes your food. So anything that is going to be stored as fat will be stored before the rest of it reaches the poop stage. Feces itself is stored in your colon until you pass it, it's not stored as fat. You weigh less after you have a BM because the poop is matter and it has to weigh something, not because it's extra fat. If poop is in your body, you'll weigh a bit more. After you poop, you get rid of that matter and you weigh a bit less. You do not poop fat.
    EmilyandIsaac

Answer by EmilyandIsaac at 7:25 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• no! Though most people's body contains over 20 pounds of sludge in the intestines it's not fat. Your body does not absorb waste to store in the body. I am IR and fat is your body turning carbs, sugar and starches into glucouse which if not used turns to fat. Poo will make you weigh slightly more but your body does not store it since poo is what you eat but not digested working it's way back out. Though that would give a new meaning to saying someone is full of $hi!.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:51 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Nobody's intestines hold 20 pounds of sludge and if you believe that you are truly ignorant. Intestines are self cleaning, and there is no such thing as sludge. But, stay happy buying your self cleanse products that you think work.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:19 AM on Dec. 10, 2009