I'm having pain

I'm having a little pain on my sides like towards my ovaries about the time I go to bed at night or take a nap. They hurt sometimes so bad it wakes me up, I worry as I've had miscarriages before, but currently am 19 wks along and have been told if I was miscarrying, I'd be bleeding for sure. I don't know if its because my stomach has become really taunt due to muscles being stretched now that I'm beginning to show. But I am a little scared. I've been one to frequent the gym alot, and this feels like my muscles are being stretched out but the goes almost into cramping. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would assume you are fine; don't stress yourself out, try to stay calm, which is good for you AND for baby.
    Anonymous

• ligaments stretching maybe? I get cramps during pregnancy. Is this your first? I have read somewhere that braxton hicks start earlier than we realize and sometimes in subsequent pregnancies you can notice them sooner than before. But they arent supposed to hurt the way you are saying it wakes you up. Maybe pressure from your uterus growing or gas? Sometimes gas doesn't feel like gas if its really really bad. Definately put it on your list of questions/concerns for your next prenatal visit with your OBGYN or midwife.
    MamaCass05

Answer by MamaCass05 at 12:41 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Yes, it is my first, so pardon perhaps the paranioa (sp?) The gas is frequent with constipation and as I just mentioned, I'm new at this so perhaps I'm being a little to careful, but rather be safe than sorry! ;) Thanks for the answers and yes, it's def on the list for my next visit! Thanks again!
    Jeda624

Answer by Jeda624 at 1:32 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Sounds to me like round ligament pain. The round ligaments are one of the ligaments that keep the uterus in place, and they get stretched as your uterus grows. They suspend the uterus from about the hips, so you get pain very low in your belly, heading toward your hip. I would definitely mention it at your next appointment, but know that round ligament pain is very normal. All you can do is try to find a position that doesn't aggravate it. It can get worse after exercising, because your uterus moves as you exercise, so there is more pulling on the ligaments. It won't damage them, though, so don't stress about that.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:20 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I just posted this same question on yahoo answers. Everyone was telling me that it's the pressure of the baby that is causing the pain in the sides. It only happens to me when I lay on my left side tho. It's really painful.. you are only 19 weeks along tho.. I can't exactly remember when this started happening to me.. I think it was like 4 months ago or so.. I'm 37 weeks now tho.
    Cierra-Jade

Answer by Cierra-Jade at 6:38 PM on Dec. 10, 2009