based on a personal experience if you had this, what are the signs or symptoms of postpartum depression?

i feel like i just can't stand my DD's making noises or just screaming when playing or crying, i play with her and get everything she needs but she drives me nuts just to hear her, my sisters do not understand how i feel, they just tell me how wrong i am for telling my baby shhh everytime she screams, but of course that is after i met her needs and make sure she is ok, i just don't know if it could be post postpartum depression.

maryfer

Asked by maryfer at 11:03 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yeah...I went through the same thing. I freaked when my son would scream or cry and I was just like what do I do??? Why does it bother me so much??? I finally got some help and was diagnosed with PPD and Anxiety. That sounds like anxiety to me. Now I'm in talk therapy and it helps. GL :-)

Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 11:42 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I would say first, its hard to get used to the life changes that come with having a baby, but I would also say that you are saying you "cant stand her crying and screaming" yeah, that isn't going to be ok to feel that way because you have a long road ahead of you and need to learn either patience, understanding, acceptance or it could be PPD.. I think you should get checked out, it does NOT get better with time..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:19 AM on Dec. 10, 2009