fire safety ladders ?

well since my dad and brother are both firefighters I should know this, but I dont lol...

When Iwas little I remember fire safety day at school ( my dad was the speaker) ..anyways I remember they showed a video, of where the upstairs windows had these little ladders ( i am pretty sure they were just rope and wood ladders that attached to the windowsill or wall) ...anyways if there was a fire your kids would be able to climb down them to get out....

This was back in like 2nd grade ( I am 22 now) ...so I was wondering if they still had those? Or what are you suppose to get/use if you have a 2 story house ?

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 11:03 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• you can still get them amazon has them for around 40 dollars
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 11:12 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• You can find them in the One Step Ahead catalog.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 12:05 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I bought one when we purchased a two story house. I bought it at Lowe's and it cost me over a hundred dollars. Its metal and my husband tried it out already. He is a nut but glad he took the risk and not me. You should have seen the neighbors look at him when they saw him shimming down the side of the house!
    novgirl

Answer by novgirl at 1:11 AM on Dec. 10, 2009