What to do???

First off I have very abnormal periods. I usually don't get them at all. Last year my doctor gave me Provera and when I finished taking it I got pregnant. After the birth of my daughter I had 4 normal periods and than they stopped all together. I'm not sure if I want another child now but my doctor told me I couldn't get pregnant when my periods stopped because I'm not ovulating, but the only way to start ovulating is to take birth control which would stop me from getting pregnant. Any ideas??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• You don't ovulate while on the pill. If you aren't sure you want a child now, then I wouldn't do anything but take provera every 3 months to shed your lining to prevent the possibility of cancerous cells developing or go on the pill till you are ready. And no, if you aren't having a period then you aren't ovulating.

Sounds like getting pregnant the first time was a huge fluke (not calling your daughter that, just the chance of conception!). I have 2 cycles a year because of pcos (never thought I fit the symptoms but after testing I did) and out of 11 years (99% of the time no birth control) I've had one surprise natural pregnancy, the other 4 were with fertility drugs (one live birth).

When you are ready to ttc, go straight to your doc and have tests done. You'll probably need fertility meds next time...hope not though!!
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 11:58 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• The previous post is right. I really don't have anything to add, just wanted to reiterate that she was right.
    Pumelo

Answer by Pumelo at 1:34 AM on Dec. 10, 2009