Can Anyone relate and help me figure out if I'm pregnant?

Hi!

My name is Amy and I was married on Oct. 31. I have extreme fatigue, nausea, heartburn, headaches, cravings, and the list goes on and on! I believe I may have conceived on Nov. 2 and had some implantation bleeding. I missed my period by a day and then had brief spotting of a copper color for a couple hours. The next day I started my period, however it was incredibly thin, bright and not at all consistant with my regular cycles. The tests I took before were negative and when my mom had me she took negatives and negative on blood work as well as a Dr. saying she wasnt so she went to another Dr. and she was 4 months along. I felt bloated and now that my period has ended Im still feeling the same strange sensations and symptoms. Can anyone relate? I havent gone to the Dr. yet cause I dont have insurance and cant afford to go if I am not pregnant! Please be kind, I'm very new to this and concerned about my health!! Amy

IrishEyes2286

Asked by IrishEyes2286 at 11:20 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Are you on birth control? I had all of these symptoms when I first started it. I eventually had to change to another birth control because the side effects were too bad.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:23 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Sweetie, we can't diagnose you. Try a planned parenthood or another low income clinic. You need a blood test to tell for sure. Good luck!
    jenwmuot

Answer by jenwmuot at 11:24 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I think your situation sounds similar to mine when I got pregnant; I think it's very possible that you are. If it's been a week since your last test you might want to take another one. You can get one for a dollar at the dollar tree. Or you can call your local hospital's lab and see if they do blood tests for a fee. They only cost $10 where I live.
    Anonymous

• You will have to go to the dr. If you are pregnant and your hcg levels are too low to detect (like what happened with your mom) then an OB will have to do an ultra sound to see what's going on in there.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:49 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Well your problem sounds exactly like my friends when she found out she was pregnant. She told me she was experiencing some of those same symptoms and then the next day she tells me she started her period. But she said it wasn't normal it was completely different than any other period she's had, and that it only lasted for 3 or 4 days. later she found out she was pregnant after all. So you could possibly be pregnant. It is hard to tell. but your symptoms sound pretty positive... I hope that's not gunna be a bad thing for you. But like one of the other girls above said go to a planned pregnancy center or a crisis pregnancy center and get some blood work done. That is the best way to tell. Well good luck let us all know the outcome :)

Cierra
    Cierra-Jade

Answer by Cierra-Jade at 6:35 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• UPDATE!!!

Hi guys,

I've enjoyed all your posts. I'm having alot of nausea and headaches lately. I'm sleeping soooo much and like you said about your friend, my period was not normal! Well...I decided today needed to be the day, I took another test last night and it was negative...Today I talked to my OB/GYN who wanted me to come in for blood work, they were able to set up a payment plan for us to pay it over time and we will know by two o clock tomorrow if we are expecting! We are actually quite excited, I feel like Im definately pregnant...and Im happy about it! Im just worried they will tell us that we arent but im going to stay positive!!! Please keep posting answers...Here are my symptoms over the last month

Nausea (Don't experience even with Flu)
    Heartburn (Never Had)
    Headaches
    Tired
    Bloating
    Hunger
    Specific Cravings
    IrishEyes2286

Answer by IrishEyes2286 at 8:21 PM on Dec. 10, 2009