Am I saved?

How do I know I am saved?

I'm no Angel

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Ask Jesus to come in to your life and heart, admit that he dies on the cross for you and you're saved, BUT it's not true once saved, always saved. you can't just do that and go on as you please doing what you want even if it's wrong. You have to commit to God and have a relationship with him.
    Anonymous

• but I have been hearing of all these things we can't do. All these rules we have to follow and not just from Lexy. So what are the rules to earn salvation?

I'm no Angel
    Anonymous

• Did you ask Jesus into your heart by confessing and calling out His name and believing in your heart that He is Lord and Savior that died on the Cross for you? If so you are saved, next step is to be baptised in water as an outward confession of the inward confession that you made. In so doing you purposely leave behind your old man/nature and come up a new creation in the Lord!
    You must also ask for forgiveness and repent of your sins! Its that simple. His gift of salvation is free for you and all you have to do is open your heart to receive it and believe it!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:35 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• There are not rules to come in to salvation, it's simply putting God first in your life, trusting him. HE provides the blessings, the salvation etc. He is the giver. YOUR works do not bring salvation. I hope that makes sense.
    Anonymous

• but what if Lexy is right? What if I do miss out because I ate an unclean thing, which im pretty sure we do in our sleep. And what if I go to hell for going to church on the wrong day?

I'm no Angel

Anonymous

• you know you are saved when your life sucks and you can judge other people because of YOUR beliefs oh and don't forget because of your beliefs you don't have to worry about how you affect others and everyone should bow to your religious symbols and commandments, that is how you know you are saved.
    Anonymous

• When we truly accept Jesus Christ as our personal Lord and Savior, we surrender ourselves to Him. Then, by our invitation, His Holy Spirit enters us and lives inside us, guiding us and leading us in all things. When this happens, we are "born again," and we become a new person in Jesus Christ.
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 12:09 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even (which is) the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you." (John 14:16-17 KJV)
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 12:11 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." (Revelation 3:20 KJV) "Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit Of God dwelleth in you?" (1 Corinthians 3:16 KJV) "At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you." (John 14:20 KJV) "Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world." (1 John 4:4 KJV)
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 12:12 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Being born again

ohn 3:3 (KJV) Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee,Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. John 3:7 (KJV) Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.1 Peter 1:23 (KJV) Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 12:14 AM on Dec. 10, 2009