What do you think?

So i've been trying to lower my calorie intake. I've been aiming for 500 calories a day. I'm breast feeding, i'm working out, i'm taking a fat burner suppliment, well its suppose to help you loose weight but its just acai berry supplement... I've been on this diet for a week and a half, i've lost 6 lbs. I'm sure i could have lost more but i slipped up over the weekend and ate more pizza then i should have because we had guests over... but my in laws don't think its safe but if you want to loose weight your suppose to exercise more then what you eat right? so if i eat less i won't have to exercise as much right?

Jan0609momma

Asked by Jan0609momma at 11:26 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• 500 a day is dangerous. That is not a good idea even if you were not breast feeding. DO NOT take fat burner supplements while breastfeeding unless your doctor says it is ok. You are feeding the fat burning crap to the baby!!!!!! 1200 calories is the lowest my dr said to go and I'm not breastfeeding. Call a nutritionist and talk with them. They will talk to you for free. Call a health department WIC nutritionist. Good grief now you are scaring me. 500 calories a day is just scary.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:41 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• if your only getting 500 cals! thats no good for you or the baby! http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/harris-benedict-equation/calorie-intake-to-lose-weight.php and let me tell you this site isn't even for breasting feeding mums you should talk to your doc before going any further! .. the baby is the main concern.. it shouldn't be your weight!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• http://www.llli.org/FAQ/diet.html its a link that's about breast feeding and losing weight
    Zandrialeann

Answer by Zandrialeann at 1:45 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• 500 calories a day is bad for anyone; when you breastfeed, the baby gets nutrients first, you are risking serious damage to your body. You need to rethink your plan. When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are putting yourself on the gain/lose rollercoaster; hard on your body and frustrating. To get to and maintain a healthy weight, and set a great example for your kids, you need a healthy lifestyle.

Start with simple changes.
    Don’t buy junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:21 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I agree you are breastfeeding. Stop breast feeding and go on this starvation diet if you must. But do not rob your child of nutrients just so that you can lose weight with out working out. And you are starving yourself, don't starve your baby.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:57 AM on Dec. 10, 2009