Don't you hate it when your whole street is covered in ice?

The whole street in front of my house is a skating rink. It is covered with ice. Do any of you have this problem and do you do something about it? I'm tired of worrying about sliding when I try to leave my house.

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 11:55 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yes i have this problem and i live on a hill so i have it really bad, the city rocks the road but it really doesnt help much. Most of us try to shovel and use de icer out in the street in front of our houses so we can get some sort of traction getting in and out of the driveways. The nice thing is that if enough of us do it we normally track a bit of it in the street helping make daytime traffic a little easier but it turns to ice overnight and we have to start all over again.

Luckily we havent had snow or major ice yet this year just lots of very cold air sitting over us so that the temps are staying around 0-7 degrees our highs are not getting past 16 if we are lucky, I am really glad this week is almost over and next week looks warmer :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:11 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• It's part of winter here and a good excuse to spend the day in the house with the family, a good movie and some hot chocolate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• You could get some golf shoes ;o) Once my car was encased in ice and it took a looooong time to get enough ice off to open the door.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 12:02 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• The street doesn't bother me as much as my sidewalk and front steps. I almost fell down my steps because they were coated in ice.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:07 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• It's not walking in it, but driving on it. It's almost impossible not to slide in it.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 12:12 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Snow tires? (Golf shoes for your car). Every one had these in Anchorage AK when I was there a few years ago, and the snow/ice there wasn't any worse than LI NY.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 12:57 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Yeah it sucks and I hate it but I'm used to it. And yes we have ice all over our street. And we just had some pretty heavy snow fall and I drive a low car (grand am gt with lo-pro tires) so my car gets stuck and slides easily. Oh well I asked for it lol. I would've just stayed home but with my job I don't get "snow days".
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 1:42 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• We love the ice and the snow here in houston is the 2 time we see snow .
    ThelmaRiojas

Answer by ThelmaRiojas at 11:00 AM on Dec. 10, 2009