Breast tenderness in pregnancy

I am 15 weeks and still so sore. I cant wear a bra I cant go with out one. I cant touch them. I get shooting pains in the one, almost like the let down reflex but with out milk.

When did your breast tenderness/pain go away if you had it?

MamaCass05

Asked by MamaCass05 at 12:09 AM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Is this your first pregnancy? What your'e describing sound like me in my first pregnancy. Thankfully this is my 3rd and last time and this time wasn't as bad. There's not really anything you can do, it can take months before they stop hurting. I'm 20 weeks and mine finally aren't tender anymore.
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 12:14 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Nope this is my 6th pregnancy but the third to make it to the second trimester. Never had breast pain like this before and it is worse than it was at the beginning.
    MamaCass05

Answer by MamaCass05 at 12:35 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• My boobs hurt SO badly. Try getting a sleep bra (like a sport bra, but less supportive) at a maternity store. You can use it at night, at least, and around the house. Aside from that, there isn't much you can do, except maybe take some Tylenol to take the edge off the pain when it's really bad. A heating pad will probably add to the pain, because swelling is part of the problem, and ice will just make you ache.
    I remember trying to explain to my hubby that it felt like I had two huge bruises on my chest. It never really went away until my son was born, but then nursing comes with its own pains, and my nipples have always been super sensitive, so they still hurt. Sigh.
    Hang in there!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:13 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I describe it to my husband as being hit in the chest over and over again by a baseball bat! lol They also get really hot and heavy which I don't remember in my first pregnancy, but I can't remember how long it last either I just know I had it and it lasted for awhile!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 8:49 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Yep the wonders of pregnancy. My breasts were very sore as well for quite a while. But what I did was I was just really tough with them. I would endure the pain and squeeze them and mess with them. It was just my way of dealing with it I guess. But they did stop hurting for me after like 2 months. Now it's the nipples lol now those hurt like hell. But again, I'm toughing them up so I can deal with it later XD
    Cierra-Jade

Answer by Cierra-Jade at 6:24 PM on Dec. 10, 2009