2012 and the Nostradamus Affect

So i was watchin history channel today about the Nostradamus Affect.. And wowa bit scary. Do you ladies think we are coming to an end. I mean i dint belive so but many of the things they said made a lot of sense!! Its not just the mayan calendar that predicted that it was many other calendars! I would like to hear what u guys think.

adriana18

Asked by adriana18 at 1:56 AM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm not saying in a couple of months haha but yes,think about the world for five minutes and you'll realize theres more good than bad going on in this world,the governemnt is probably already planning on ways to save themselves building things,figuring out who can come and who cant,theyve probably got it all figured out and they know what condition earth is alot more than we do!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• more bad than good?
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 2:06 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I dont think it is...... but only god can tell that one.... but also think about what the government and everyone said would happen when 2000 came around.... any of that true........ no!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:12 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• that is true, in that show i was watching they said the gov. have this place i cant remember where but its very cold and alot of mountains and they built like this huge storage thing where they have seeds and ALOT of other stuff stored just in case any thing would happen and they said that they think if anything were to happen that all the food and seeds would still be there cause the thing is so cold and stuff, i know its very weird!! But yea i agree they probably do have plan for them and there families but its not up to them its all up to god!! He is the one that decides who will survive
    adriana18

Answer by adriana18 at 2:12 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• ANONYMOUS 2:12 am

Yea also very true but to me this is scarier because theres alot of evidence its nnot just one calendar that stopd decembe 21 2012 its a couple
    adriana18

Answer by adriana18 at 2:14 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Adriana--yes, there is a storage facility for seeds, I think it's in Antarctica (I could be wrong), but being in that kind of cold for as long as they have been I have serious doubts about the viability of the seeds now.

Also, has anyone every heard of 20/20 hindsight? Nostradamus was written in Medieval French, basically in a type of poetry. I majored in French, and it was hard enough to read Modern French and interpret the author's true intentions. For instance, why did he have a white flower in the vase and not a red or yellow one, why was the time noon and not three, why did the girl have curly hair, stuff like that. Add to that that Nostradamus was written in a "code" that seems to fit most of the facts afterwards. You can read what he wrote, and make it mean almost whatever you want it to. It is just poetry by a man who I believe probably had some mental illness of some sort.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 2:41 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• i did some research on him and i read that he said he used black magic, or something like that check it out
    http://didyouknow.org/nostradamus.htm
    adriana18

Answer by adriana18 at 2:47 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Century III Quatrain 21

In the Conca by the Adriatic Sea There will appear a horrible fish, With face human and its end aquatic, Which will be taken without the hook.

When will we find that mermaid????

Century III Quatrain 35

From the very depths of the West of Europe, A young child will be born of poor people, He who by his tongue will seduce a great troop: His fame will increase towards the realm of the East.

Sounds like he predicted Obama's election.......depends on what "the West of Europe" means. Does it mean Western Europe, or does it mean to the West of Europe.

This kind of proves my point that you can make it say what you want it to after the fact.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 3:33 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Oh, and I stand corrected on the language part. I thought it was only in medieval French, but it was a lot of languages.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 3:35 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I believe that the world will "end" as we know it, Will it end by wiping out the human race..probably not.

I also believe that anyone can read anything into what Nostradomus wrote, just as you can read anything into what is written on here. Was a person who could see the future or a man who wrote general/vague "prophecies"?
    summerm

Answer by summerm at 8:51 AM on Dec. 10, 2009