ever got pregnant on the pill???

have you got prenant on the pill?? if so did you have any signs of bein prenant on the pill?? tell me your story

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 AM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I never did, and I was on it for 8 years. I got off the pill and we used condoms for a few months and then I got pregnant our 1st month of TTC. I think that most women who claim to have gotten pregnant while on the pill just weren't using it right!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 3:00 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• My former assistant got pregnant on the pill. On her honeymoon. With twins.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:52 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I did with my son who is now 6 and i started the pill again 2 months ago...this 2nd month im having severe pregnancy symptoms so im waiting to see if Aunt Flo shows up or its just the pill side effects. Its always possible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• #3 was a pill baby. but I ended up going on another medication (for ovarian tumours) that counteracted the pill and made me hyperfertile. (2 different dr's - my regular and a locum)

It was over christmas so I didn't think anything of what I look back on now and totally recognize as being pregnancy symptoms but blamed on the holidays. we all gain weight and get cranky right? lol

it was after chrismtas and a routine blood test I got the oddest phone call from my dr telling me what they found. best little surprise I've EVER had.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:50 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• My best friend got pregnant on the pill. She had no idea she was until the 3rd month when she went in because she was bleeding heavily. They told her she was pregnant, miscarrying one baby but still had it's twin with a heartbeat going strong.He is now 3!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:11 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Yep! Sure did!

Listen when they tell you to take it at the SAME TIME every day; they're not lying about that!!!! I slept in very late one weekend and a month & a half later I was puking in the parking lot on my way into work! So as Blueliner said; most of the time it's because the pill taker made some sort of error; however I wouldn't have assumed a few hours would be a big difference; I normally woke around 6 for work and 8 on the weekend; but that weekend both days I slept til noon or something; and that's the only thing I can come up with.

One of my co-workers said maybe your preg. No; I couldn't be...that was Monday. By the end of the week my boobs were soo tender I HAD to take a test just to rule it out...ummm well that didn't work! ROFL

The important thing is if you suspect your preg to stop taking the pills asap. IDK for sure; but I think there's a possibility they could cause a miscarriage.
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 11:06 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I have a friend who was on the pill, been on it for years and never wanted kids. She got food poisening and was really sick for about a week and in was obviously throwing up her pill. She ended up getting pregnant!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I was on the pill and I am pregnant right now.. .with twins... because the ER doc put me on penicillin and didn't tell me it would make the pill ineffective.
    JenMarie2007

Answer by JenMarie2007 at 12:04 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I did. But I will admit that I was bad about forgetting it and not taking it at the right times.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 4:30 PM on Dec. 10, 2009