my sister dropped my infant on his head will he be okay

hes only a month old
my mom said a lot of babies get dropped but im still weiry...he seems fine.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:12 AM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Wouldn't worry too much if he's acting okay. Watch for signs of oversleepyness & changes in how alert he is, if he seems like he can't stay awake or seems "funny" to you take him to the er immediately. Trust your mamma's instinct to determine how he is. Lots of babies get dropped, throw themselves off beds or couches, & their fine. My little PiC (partner in crime, trying to get a new abbreveation started here on cafemom, my dd) thinks she has wings & can fly.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:35 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• You should really take him to the doctor... there could be something internal, but on the other hand, their bones (and scalp) are still very flexible.. so I don't know, but I would still take him to the doctor just in case.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:15 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• well, of course, he could be hurt, but I'd say it's highly unlikely. Your mom is right, LOTS of babies get dropped!
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 8:09 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• op

the only reason i didnt take him to the doc rght away was cause right when i picked him up and held him for a little he stopped crying and just wanted his pacifier

if he acts strange at all i will be sure to take him just in case still
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• CALL your doctor - he/she will have the best advice for you, any experienced doctor has had experience with this before, and will be your best bet. I'd hate to "ignore" the fact, and take him in later, and get in trouble for alleged neglect because you didn't seek medical advice immediately.

Also - how far did he fall? What did he land on - what type of flooring?
    Anonymous

• sis was about to change his diaper and when she was on her knees about to put him to the ground he did one of the infamouse loose your grip stretches and she let go :(
    Anonymous