my 6 wk old eats every 2 1/2 to 3 hrs. she drinks 4 ounces.......

does that sound like enough, not enough?

Asked by Anonymous at 7:43 AM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That sounds like plenty. Eventually she'll drink more (go up to 8 oz) but for now it's plenty.

Answer by amethystrse at 7:55 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• put it this way my son is 4months now and ive been feeding him 4-6 oz every 2 hrs since he was 6 wks ...hes doin fine with that.some babies are full of 4oz every 4 hrs . some babies need alot daughter which is 3 now was content on 2-3 oz every 2-3 hrs now my son on the other hand lol we could purchase his own cow lol he demands alot more so the doctor told me its fine to give a 6wk old 4-6 oz every 2hrs if their still wanting more but no more than 6 oz till hes a little older.

Answer by ShYmAmA08 at 7:55 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• My daughter did the same thing. I moved her to 6 ounces at 5 months and it still didn't seem to be enough so i moved her to 8 ounces at 7 months. I'd at least move to 6 ounces. I don't know how your child is but my daughter also stopped eating when she was full.

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 8:12 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• My son was taking 4 every 2 to 3 hours at that age. Now he's 11 weeks and takes 4 to 6 every 3 to 4 hours.

Answer by HuntersMom4908 at 10:02 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• here;s what i have found. Your baby should take in about 2 1/2 ounces of formula a day for every pound of body weight.' So for an average 3 month old baby boy who weighs 13 pounds, that would be about 32 1/2 ounces a day.

Answer by MamaMindx at 12:05 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• that is perfect!

Answer by hendrickson at 6:26 PM on Jul. 2, 2008