What do you think of this consevative Christians changed views?

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1556173/Gay_marriage

I for one think this lady has used her better sense and her sense of grace , love and God to come to this conclusion. Tears rolled down my cheecks as I read this, this is what I strive for.

Asked by older at 8:15 AM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • Loved this post. I hope she opens a lot more minds.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:57 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• No tears here........
    O boy, First off, none of those things mentioned is OK just because the marriage is between a man and a woman and I don't think the majority of America feels that way either. If thats really how she thinks it is she is the one who needs help. Also she is coming off sounding like marriage between a man and woman is not as good as a same sex marriage for some cockamamie reason. Ridiculous. Third, Homosexuality IS wrong, not natural and just plain gross so I basically don't agree with anything she says and see no logic in any of it. Maybe she was hurt in her marriage. She sounds like an angry woman inside.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:26 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• anon, funny how you rationalize this womans motives.

Answer by older at 8:32 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• That was awesome!  That lady has my deepest respect.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:38 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• interesting I don't judge people based on their morals beliefs, so I don't think much of anything. Just she is allowed to feel and think what she wants.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• as i just read this journal yesterday, i did comment to myself, ''well, good for you, hon- way to use your free will.'' i bet its a load off her mind, not having to worry about whether something is sin, having decided its not.

i don't agree with her, but hey, that's my use of free will, too. :))

thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:43 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• let me reiterate...i don't agree with her decision as to whether or not something is 'sin'..however, gay marriage is not a church issue. strictly governmental. again, that's JMO.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:49 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I love her even though I don't know who she is =)
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:05 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Anon- homosexual behaviors are quite often exhibited in nature----- it is actually quite natural, from monkeys (and may other primates, zebras, dolphins, cats (and other large felines), canine family, certain fish, cattle, amphibians, to humans... we are all animals. and yes, it IS a natural behavior. and occurs frequently in nature. it is that sort of ignorance that breeds bigots. just like wolves birth little wolves, bigots breed little bigots.

personally, everyone is entitled to their opinion/view/emotional reactions, etc. but i have to say that she has earned MY respect purely on merit (not an easy thing to do).
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:58 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I'm impressed; it gives me hope that common sense can rule the day!
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 11:09 AM on Dec. 10, 2009