my baby is never full!

My daughter is 10 weeks old, 11 weeks on Monday and she eats like a little piglet!

She's formula fed and she has been eating 6-8 oz. every 2 hours and she just never seems full.

She is a loud little thing, when she wants a bottle she screams! She gets so angry with me if I don't get her a bottle right at the very moment she wants it.

What can I do to help fill her up? Can I give her some watered down baby cereal or something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 AM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• LMAO!!!! Mine's the same way & she's 7mo now. Funny to see how much her little belly can expand after a meal. she may be going thru a growth spurt & need to eat every 2 hrs, mine was breastfeed every 4 & she still eats every 4 now that she's on solids. Unfortunately her digestive system can't handle cereal yet even if it is watered down, it isn't developed enough yet to be able to break down the proteins. Keep giving her a bottle when she wants it & hang on, she'll slow down a bit. Try giving her more than what you're already feeding her, to the point where she doesn't want it anymore, that'll help top off her tank & hopefully you a little more time.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:31 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• If she wants it let her have it. She is likely entering her 3 month growth spurt and is seeking the extra calories. When it is over she will slow down again, then when she enterest the next growth spurt with increase her feeds again.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:05 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• That's a growth spurt time. Does she take a pacifier? It could be that she just wants to self soothe, if not, feed her. My son was the same way. And boy did the whole world know when he was hungary lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:21 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• You can try adding a little extra formula to the mix - instead of just one level scoop per 2 oz, a heaping scoop or a scoop & a quarter per 2 oz - getting a few extra calories in her would help fill her up a little better, or at least get you a little extra time between feedings. I was told by my doctor to do it that way with one of my kids. Do NOT do cereal at that age though!
    Anonymous