afghanastan???

does any one know WHEN our troops are being deployed to afghanastan...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• different times...my friend at work..her son left on the 7th...and someone else i know left on the 1st
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:25 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• They don't all go at once. Its rotational at different bases. troops are going to and returning from afghanistan daily.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• My hubby's friend just got back here.... Then another of his friends is being sent over there.... But most of our friends are getting stationed in Korea... WHICH TOTALLY SUCKS
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 9:37 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Just mail me, Ill tell you when my hubby is going. Your not really supposed to like post it for everyone to see. I dont know why I mean the news will tell you, but right now the news doesnt know yet.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:03 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• They are there now with more going over.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• The reason you aren't supposed to post it is because actually the news speculates, and sometimes they're right and sometimes they aren't, and also because a lot of the times, the families know before the news does. By the time the news is told, the risk to the troops has been reduced. (I know this not just because I was in, or because my dh is still in, but because of the nature of the job he does, and what I used to do...)

But aside from that, as one of the pp's said, there are troops coming and going from there all the time - we've had troops there literally for yrs now, and, frankly, I don't think that's going to end anytime soon.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:34 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• My cousin is graduating this month on the 21st from the marines and were still aren't sure if he even gets to come home for Christmas. I know in January he is being deployed but they haven't been given a specific date :( God bless all our troops and i pray they are all brought back to there families safe and sound!

31angelmommy3

Answer by 31angelmommy3 at 10:54 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• had a bunch deploy end of oct into the bed of nov, and many more to continue to go... they don't ALL go at once. my sis (3rd deployment) redeployed in the beginning of nov. my cousin is due to ship out again ( 4th deployment) in the end of Dec. he may or may not be here for xmas. gotta love how they change your dates, and they never know for sure when they go. my sis had 21 days taken from her leave so she could ship early- lost 21 days with her 3 year old son... *sigh*
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:06 AM on Dec. 10, 2009