Yule Help

I'm posting this for my friends husband so please bare with me.

His wife Is a spiritual person and prefers to celebrate yule rather then Christmas. She has only done so to hush family and for her kid.

So he wants to know what he can get her, for gifts, and her stocking, that would be more appropriate for Yule. Since she has sacrificed her beliefs to get along with his family for so long. And he wants to make her feel appreciated.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• We'd really need more info to give you a good answer - what path she's on - eclectic or reconstructionist, is she specifically a Wiccan or Celt or Heathen or is she more free form? What's appropriate would depend on those answers. My initial thought would be jewelry, but what a Wiccan would wear and what a Heathen would wear are very different.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:29 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• From what we could gather with out giving too much away....which is hard I suck at keepin secrets btw, She practises free form? and studies all forms, and religions. Taking bits from each one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• My first thought is elemental things. Candles, jewelry representing an element(or all of them),etc.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:54 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Yule gifts, like Christmas gifts, don't have to have anything to do with the holiday. Get her something she would use at any time of the year. Fragrance, Gift Cards, Jewelry, Candles - A vacuum - Anything will work. Just don't by something that says Merry Christmas...

If you want to go with a Yule theme, why not get her a Book about Yule Traditions, crafts or Myths?

I never tailor gifts to the occasion, if they won't use it most of the year, I see no reason to buy it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:25 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• DItto what Sabrina said. I think he should try to get her things that she would enjoy and appreciate, just like he might do for her birthday or any other gift giving occasion.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 2:38 PM on Dec. 11, 2009