Why is my son so clingy?

My son is 13 months and he has always been an out going kid. He has always went to everyone and was really friendly. Here latley all he wants is me and is real clingy. I am a first time mom, is this something they go through at this age? I am a worrier so I was thinking that maybe something was going on at daycare or something. Please help!!

Simple925

Asked by Simple925 at 10:33 AM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Could be the beginning stages of seperation anxiety. My cousin is 13 months and is going through that now. He used to be really "stranger friendly" but now he won't let anyone else hold him except for my aunt and if she leaves the room, he screams bloody murder. Very normal, very common.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:35 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Nah, that's normal for his age. They go through those phases. Some moms would say to take extra care with him, but i'm of the mindset that you shouldn't change your routine and don't make an issue out of it. Say "goodbye" like you normally would, hugs and kisses and then don't look back, they do grow out of it, some quicker than others
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:35 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• It's normal! My dghter is 19 months and use to fall asleep at 7 on her own in her crib. Now she wants me to rock her for hours!
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 10:37 AM on Dec. 10, 2009