Smell under my daughter chin/on her neck...

I know that sounds gross :( but my first daughter didn't have the chuncky cheeks that my infant daughter does now LOL. I make sure to lifkt up all the layers and wash good under her chin around her neck but as the day goes on it starts to smell!! Any suggestions on what I can do or maybe put on her neck?? Thanks in advance ladies :-)

ChristinaDennis

Asked by ChristinaDennis at 10:36 AM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is it possible that spit up is getting underneath her chin and that is causing the smell? My 4 month old son spits up a lot and sometimes I've noticed I missed some under his chin. Maybe a bib?
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:37 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Try keeping bibs on her.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 10:38 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• she doesn't spit up much and when she does I take a wet washcloth and wip her neck.
    ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 10:39 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• i went thru the same thing with my lil man. To behonset the best thing i can say is bibs but even then your baby may sweat. I know when the formula leaked down his face ugh that was the grossest smell ever lol
    31angelmommy3

Answer by 31angelmommy3 at 10:39 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Yeah it's like her neck is getting sweaty becausee she is so hot natured. I didn't know if it was ok to put baby poweder or something on her neck.
    ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 10:41 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• my son has the same problem. no matter how clean I keep him he gets that smell too. yes baby powder does help but I don't think there is anything else you can do besides keep her clean and try the baby powder.
    mommy2Jayden21

Answer by mommy2Jayden21 at 10:55 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• My DD had the same thing. It ended up being a yeast infection. Maybe call the pedi and ask. If you go in and they tell you that it is, they probably will give you a script. Ask for a sample because it is pricey.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 11:07 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• you should smell my ds's hands if you think the neck is bad haha try a bib thats the easiest way to keep stuff from drippin in there
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 11:13 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• just bathe and wipe her down often... i used to put baby powder on my hands and then apply it under my son's chin and behind his knees...
    katatrinakay

Answer by katatrinakay at 12:19 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• my DD had the same thing and still does it smells like toe jam lol i know that sounds gross but it does, the dr gave her nystatin and it has gone down a little but i dunno they said it could be a fungus im pretty sure its a yeast infection though but we will see, the smell got strong though like i would pick her up and be like peeee youuuu lol
    xxSummaxx13

Answer by xxSummaxx13 at 3:26 PM on Dec. 10, 2009