? about fetal gestation weight too big ??

so i went for my ultra sound the other day my baby is measuring 30 weeks when iam only 29 weeks an 3 days an he is already 3lbs is that normal for this stage or he will be big like my daughter an son was??? my daughter was 8 pounds 13 ounces an my son was 9 in a half pounds but he was 2 weeks late so im assuming this guy might be a big one too? any ideas advise??

ohmama213

Asked by ohmama213 at 10:45 AM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You're worried about measuring 4 days ahead? Sounds like a normal size baby to me.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 10:59 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I always measured one week ahead. My boys were 8lb 9 oz and 10lb 4 oz.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 11:05 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I wouldn't put much stock in what the ultrasound says since it can only give you an estimate and is usually wrong. According the ultrasound my son had IUGR and short bones...they worried the crap out of me for nothing. When he was born he had neither.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 11:12 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• When I was pregnant with my son the ultrasound tech and doctor both told me that the baby wouldn't possibly weigh any more than 7 pounds 8 ounces, and that all my weight gain was from fluid... Well a week later, my son was born weighing 8 pounds 12 ounces!
    Amy75972

Answer by Amy75972 at 11:23 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• personally i wouldn't worry about that at all. :) it could be that your due date is off by a bit, or the estimate could be off by a bit. I would expect this baby to be about the same size as your others though. i wouldn't really expect a 6 pounder anyway.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 11:31 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Are you seriously worried about a 4 days difference? Most woman would LOVE to be that close in the fetal measurement because it would remove all doubt of the dates being wrong!! The u/s weight doesnt mean anything and its not accurate at all so I wouldnt worry about anything! But if you want to ASSUME its accurate and assume your baby grows at the average weight (1/2 pound a week) and assume that you have it at 40 weeks then you are looking at an 8 pound even baby. But I wouldnt count on any of that actually happening
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:12 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I measured weeks ahead. At 35 weeks I measured as 43 weeks.
    Those measurements can be off, Besides a 4 day difference is nothing to get worried over.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:52 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• We used to measure these things in months, Don't worry about it. Yes your next baby will be the same as your last two. Mine were all within 1 /2 pound of each other.
    Anonymous

• Hmmm... the ultrasound measurement can be usually 1/2 - 1 lb off either way, its not very acurate. I had an ultrasound at 30 weeks too and mine measured 3 lbs, 6 Oz... now I know thats almost not possible as I have gained only a total of 7 pounds. My first daughter was born at an even 7 lbs and if I go full term, I am expecting this baby also to be around 6.5 to 7.5 pounds...
    Anonymous

• When I had my 1st u/s I measured 5 days ahead. They estimated him to be born at about 7.5 to 8 lbs and when he was born at 39 weeks he was 10 lbs 1 oz.
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 11:25 PM on Dec. 10, 2009