would u keep your child from its father for this reason?

if you found out your childs father smokes weed would you keep your child from him even if you knew he was a good dad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ummm, i don't THINK so. But, it might worry me. To me, it would seem like it would hurt the child more if he did not see his father. Do you know if he drives under the influence?

Also, how much is he smoking? Is he high all day, or does he just smoke occasionally, or after the child goes to bed? If you get along with the dad, then ask him. Talk to him on a friendly basis & tell him your concern.

Do you live in California? LOL! Because here in GA if a they find that a parent smokes weed, that certainly will not look good in the courtroom. But, it is totally illegal here.

FYI, both my parents smoked tons of weed when we were kids, they were both very professional people too. I did not find out until i was 20...i actually caught them red-handed! It was a hilarious site, because usually it's the parent catching the kids. They admitted to doing it for 30 years! But, they were GREAT parents, i must say...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:01 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• no..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• No, as long as he doesn't smoke in the same house as the kid its fine. If he is a good dad then I wouldn't worry about it.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:12 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• no..as long as he didnt do around him or while visiting
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:15 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• No, that would by hypocritical because I occasionally smoke.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• def not me and my husband smoke it helps alot with the stress of a newborn we NEVER EVER do it around our child or in the house doesnt make us any less alert of things going on around us
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I tied, the judge wouldn't let me because I had to prove that it was negatively effecting our child.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Legally ou can't keep a child away from his father.

If you haven't already done so, file for custody and child support. He can file for custody and child support from you. He could get joint custody, it's very common. If you haven't let him see his child he may get custody and you may have to have supervised visitation and have to pay child support. The child is just as much his legally.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:20 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I would call my Lawyer and see what I could do legally.  Because if we had vistation in the divorce. I would have to find proof that he was doing it. (smoking weed). 

Answer by louise2 at 11:23 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• no, but i'd turn him in for it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Dec. 10, 2009