is it ok for my 10 month old to eat...

ok so i just made salmon cakes, eggs and biscuts for brunch. is it ok for my 10 month old to eat that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My DD loves talipia, she started eating it at about a year. Different cultures have different guidlines on starting foods. Americans tend to be overly anal about it. You just have to watch out for the mercury levels.

http://www.babycenter.com/408_when-can-my-baby-eat-fish_1368510.bc

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I think the fish would be hard to eat. Everything else seems fine.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:28 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I think it should be okay... has he had salmon and eggs before? You still need to stick to the 1 new food rule
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:29 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Op here. Its salmon cakes. the salmon is chopped up really fine and made into a little cake. like crab cakes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Salmon-fish, I think he is too young, he could have an allergic reation.

My son was allergic to peanuts, he tried it when he was 5. Did try it before but the allergic reaction was not noticable, it gets worst with each in take, now he has an epi pen. Never really liked it, then at 5 he swelled up, I was in the emergency room, he has severe allergies.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:30 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• op here. she's had eggs before but not the fish. idk.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Like the second person said. If he has never had fish or eggs before I would only feed him one at time. You never know what he could be allergic to. Good luck with the fish my son hated it :(
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:31 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Sure. The current thinking is that babies can have any just about any food after 6 months except milk.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:36 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• op here.. thanks ladies. Im going for it. she likes it. and i will make sure to watch out for any allergies. thanks again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• They say that stuff like fish and other seafoods are not good until they are over one year, but personally I say if you are going to be allergic to something you will be allergic to it from birth... not from one year of age and beyond, lol. I would mash it up and just do like with any new food and watch for a negative reaction.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:55 AM on Dec. 10, 2009