Having another baby?

I am wanting to have another baby.. I have two already.. But want one more.. I am in a stable relationship with my bf.. So how can i get him to open up about having another baby.. I really want another one.. And what is so crazy is we have the names picked out.. I mean i don't want to be a complete butt about it. and have my iud removed and not tell him.. But I just want another child.. So if you ladies have any advice for this situation.. Please let me have it.. Thank you..

Jennalou

Asked by Jennalou at 11:54 AM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Just start talking about the kids you already have and make a statement about how much fun another child would be or how sweet another child would be in the home and gage his response and reaction from that. I fhe totally freaks then you know he is most likely not ready, but you never know... he may be just as ready as you. If he seems okay with the conversation you could simply ask him if it is a possibility for the two of you to have a baby and make sure you both look at the situation maturely and from each others perspectives. = )

Good luck!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:57 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• The World Health Organization recommends waiting at least 3 years from your last birth before ttc. It is best for the health of the mother and the baby. American doctors should be telling women this.

You aren't married. There is a big difference between being in a stable relationship and being married. You already have 2 kids. You owe it to your kids and your baby if you decide to have one to be married.

Get a dog. It can really help with those feelings.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:59 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• We have a dog and it does not help the situation at all.. IT just makes me want one that much more.
    Jennalou

Answer by Jennalou at 12:02 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• You aren't married. There is a big difference between being in a stable relationship and being married. You already have 2 kids. You owe it to your kids and your baby if you decide to have one to be married.
    _________
    Marriage isn't right for everyone. You shouldn't put your moral standards on her. If SHE feels her relationship is perfect the way it is... then there no need to tell her she should get married.
    _________
    OP: Talk about how many kids you guys want, and how complete your family will be with another little one. You gotta butter him up to it lol. Do not lie about your IUD being deceitful can hurt your relationship till no tomorrow! Be open and honest about how you feel, remember to compromise! If he says that it is to early find out when he thinks will be a better time and then negotiate. You may not get the answer you want but you can definitely get to an agreement on a possibility.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 1:13 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• You just have to talk to him about it. With my husband I just drop little hints so that he know I want another one. At first we decided to wait five years (that was about 7 months ago) No we are going to start TTC in Feb! Be honest
    He might want another one too!
    twogirlsandmore

Answer by twogirlsandmore at 2:11 PM on Dec. 11, 2009