Grocery Shopping

What attracts you to a particular grocery store?

JaneyJane

Asked by JaneyJane at 11:58 AM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Shopping

• quality-and sales.

I don't eat any meat from anywhere but shoprite. To me it is the freshest.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:00 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Meat selections, ease of shopping, produce, prices
    Anonymous

• Selection and prices. Also, it helps if it is a clean store with big aisles, so I don't have to be up someone's ass who is on the same aisle as me...lol.
    Mom2Dano

Answer by Mom2Dano at 12:01 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Ease of parking.
    Fresh looking produce.
    Clean.
    Friendly service.
    Close to home.
    Good prices
    Anonymous

• I like smaller stores that have good sales. I like to be in and out.

I feel overwhelmed in big stores. I live in Tucson and there are a lot of Mexicans. They let their kids run wild, it is part of their culture. Big stores with bunches of kids running all over is too much for me. If I go to a big store I go at midnight or 7 in the morning when no one is there.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:04 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Variety of foods
    Environment (are the workers friendly)
    Double seating buggies
    Clean
    Prices
    Decor( I like lighting and color)
    Convenience

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 12:09 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I don't like to have to go to more than one store for my groceries - which is why I ABSOLUTELY hate being where I am now x.x
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 12:33 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Prices, and how I'm treated by the employees. I have to travel about 20 miles to get groceries, and when I'm there I have 3 stores to choose from - they all get trucks at least 3 times a week, they are all well-shopped so I don't have to worry about expired things on the shelves, but it's the prices & employees that are the most important since I know the rest. One store is Wal-Mart - I buy very little there for groceries - I have a handful of things I get there for the price. If I have to buy meat, I choose the 2nd store - where the employees pretty much treat me like dirt, so I only get what I have to - I take advantage of good sales and that's about it! The 3rd store has the reputation of being the highest price - not so much anymore thanks to WM but the employees rock & treat us all well - I'm willing to pay more for my groceries when I'm treated well! It's by far my favorite of the 3!
    Anonymous

• I'm huge on cleanliness. If the store isn't new with a fresh smell I won't shop there. If I had to drive an hour to go to a clean store I would. Also, parking and customer service are big with me. I'm really picky though.
    crystac

Answer by crystac at 6:27 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• i shop at different stores for different things. a quality store for meat and produce on sale. and a co-op for staples like flour sugar, grains,pet foods. i buy eggs and produce from local folks when i can. and walmart for everything else.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:57 AM on Dec. 11, 2009