Do you live with your parents?

with your kid/kids?

do you feel like you are the child/ your parents treat you like one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Money & Work

• No. I moved out the day before I turned 18. We'd have to be in a pretty rough position before we would move back in with either set of parents.
    Anonymous

• No. Have not lived at home since I was 18 (now 42). I am an adult. I would do everything in my power to not invade their retirement years.  They did their job raising me and since the day I left it is my job to act like one.

I would do everything in my power to not live with my children (they are currently 15, 13, 8). I would never want to invade their marriage like that.  I think that would be a very very last option for me.

Anonymous

• my SIL lives at home with her parents and her son. They all try to parent him, and she isn't the greatest of moms, but they don't let her parents her own kid. And in some ways, it almost lets her out of being a parent, then they complain she's not being enough of a mother to him.
    They tell her when she's putting him to bed, where she goes and what church she goes to. Tells her how to do everything. She would have the money to live on her own, but I think she stays becuse she has it easy in a lot of ways. I don't know if I could stand living at home being told how to live life. I guess there must be a payoff for her since she stays and lets them rule her and her sons life.
    She works fulltime and he's in daycare all day long.
    They've even picked out the school he's going to...ugh.
    All this bother's me a lot. I think it's just a sad situation all around...
    Anonymous

• Hell no! I'd rather live in my car!
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 12:21 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• No I could never do it! My parents offered my the 3rd floor of their house (the house I grew up in) when I separated from my ex. They even said I could keep the door at the bottom of the stairs closed so it would be like my own "apartment" (although the kitchen is on the 1st floor). I declined because I felt like they raised us and it's their time to spend time just being a couple. Had I moved in with them, I'm sure they would have pitched in and helped me out at times and I just felt like it was time for me to do things on my own. Sure - they helped me out anyway, but at night I was in my own place with my kids and they had their house to themselves so they could relax!

Answer by missanc at 12:43 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• no I dont live at my parents house havent since i was like 16 unfortunately its the other way around in my case my mom is living with us and believe me its a mess, my mom is very immature and she doesnt pay one single bill even though she works so its like me having 2 kids instead of 1
    tashie1985

Answer by tashie1985 at 1:13 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I had to live with my mom for about 4 months twice..once i was pregnant, and the second time i had my son...It was HELL when i actually had my son. It was like she wanted to put a "you suck" stamp on my forehead. She wouldnt follow anything i set out for my son...she messed with his bed times..EVERY night just about bed time shed put her head in my room...loud as can be is he asleep...and im like seriously?! it stressed me the hell out. I was thankful to have a place for the short time i needed it, but we paid rent!
    Anonymous