Christians ...where was God during the Christian Crucibles ?

Obviously, slaughtering thousand or millions of people in the name of God was probably not what He had in mind in order to show His greatness or Love. So where was He? You have faith that His Holy Spirit guided in creating what we call the bible. You have faith that He guides the devout with the Holy Spirit and that He is with you in your most difficult times.
So then where was He when the innocents were being killed in His name? Surely He would not stand behind such a massacre? And clearly He did not side with the non-believers or else the Crucibles would not have happened.

Note: i am NOT bashing. almost every time i ask a question someone seems to think i'm being a troll. That is not what this is about. This is about me making my best attempt to "seek God".

-Faithful4ever

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• People are going to say it was man and not God who caused all the death, but they seem to ignore the fact that their God, if he is so wonderful, could have stopped it from ever happening in the first place but didn't. Seems like he enjoys death, destruction, war and the slaughter of innocents.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:20 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I've been wondering the same thing. So many atrocities have been committed by men in the name of some God or another (this really goes for EVERY religion, except maybe Buddhism)...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 12:18 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Humans seem to be naturally violent to me, especially in history. I don't believe God had anything to do with wars and persecutions. I believe in God, but I do not believe God has any personal interactions with humans or earth. anyway, no religion is innocent. the ancient Hebrews killed other religions, the early Christians were killed by the pagans, then the pagans were killed by the Christians -- catholics persecuted protestants, then protestants persecuted Catholics. Orthodox Christians persecuted the Jews and then the Atheists persecuted Orthodox is Russia. It goes on and on...

Anonymous

• God is with us, but satan is ruler of this earth.

Rev. 12:12
    . 12 On this account be glad, YOU heavens and YOU who reside in them! Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to YOU, having great anger, knowing he has a short period of time.”

. Psalm 37:10 says: “Just a little while longer, and the wicked one will be no more

mat 24:13
    13 But he that has endured to the end is the one that will be saved.
    Anonymous

• I agree anon 27. No religion is innocent. Nor was i trying to imply that in any way. For some reason i find myself wanting to convert to Christianity but coming against road blocks such as this. How could anyone say that God carries them when clearly He was missing in such a large part of history?

-Faithful4ever
    Anonymous

• anon :54 that's called bible hopping. And when you do that around this site you have to "read the entire passage" as not to take it out of context.

And to the OP that was not God, but crusaders in the name of their own twisted religious views of right and wrong.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 1:34 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• sugamama, that is not called bible hopping and i'm not taking them out of context, it is what it is. Those scriptures are meant to explain why things that are bad happen and how things will be when its over.
    Anonymous

• A crucible is a pot used for melting metal. I think the word you are looking for is crusade.
    Anonymous

• d.o.u.b.l.e...s.t.a.n.d.a.r.d
    but okay

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 2:35 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• how is that a double standard
    Anonymous