why do people feel they have to worship anything?

what do you worship and why do you feel the need to do so?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 12:12 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Some people are scared to expand their horizons. SOME, not all. Others have found comfort in their belief.

I find comfort in my lack of belief. Nothing else makes sense to me, it simply "is". I do not have to put forth effort or actively "not believe". It is the most logical thing in the world to me. I just hate that I didn't realize it sooner.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:14 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I personally worship bacon... and Buddy Guy. Because bacon tastes soooo good, and Buddy Guy is the best blues musician in the world (in my opinion, of course). Other than that, I don't feel the need to worship any particular god, heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 12:14 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• For various reason, I think. Fear, lack of faith in themselves, weakness, there's a void in their lives, boredom, need to be loved, they were taught or brainwashed, because they feel like it and last but not least... insanity.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:18 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Maybe religon gives them hope. Something to believe in.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 12:18 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Why can't they believe in themselves, armywife?
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:21 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• i like that ihartu..i agree u should believe in yourself and worship your family if anything
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:22 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I personally dont worship anything or anyone. I honor and offer respect to the most high(creation). I believe we are all a part of the Divine so I acknowledge the different stages of life (both physical and spiritual) that are represented by some deities

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 12:23 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I believe in myself. I worship God because he created us and everything that I have. He gave me my hubby and children, he pulled me out of a very dark place. He is there for me and provides for me. His words in the bible bring me unbelievable comfort when I truly need it. His love and faith saved my marriage. He takes care of us, the least that I can do is follow his words, try to live by them.
    Anonymous

• Why do you assume they "have to"?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:50 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Jeez Anon, how about giving yourself some of that credit? Are you trying to say that if you didn't have your god, then you'd have no kids, no marriage and no life? That's just sad... I think you're stronger than you realize, and I think even without that god, you would have found that inner strength and willingness to push on in life.

Try having a little faith in yourself.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:52 PM on Dec. 10, 2009