WHEN IS YOUR MILK SUPPOSE TO START COMING?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My milk came in the day after I had my son...before that, it was colostrum.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:25 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• 3-5 DAYS AFTER THE BABY IS BORN
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:25 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• with my fist it was within the first 48 hours. with 2nd it was within 24 hours. with 3rd I was still lactating.

most women take 2-5 days to begin lactating- HOWEVER the baby still gets food, colostrum witch is there in just the right amounts to fill tiny babies tummy, and gives all of the necessary nutrients.

unfortunately some (most) women believe that they should have milk for the baby immediately after birth, which is not the case, and give formula... its sad.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:31 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• For me it came in on the second day after giving birth.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 12:38 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• 2-5 days after giving birth. Some women have it a little sooner, some have it later, but 2-5 is average. Until it's in, you have colostrum which is all newborns need. It's just right and the right amount for their itty bitty tummies.
    Anonymous

• I started producing colostrum before my son was born (not all women do, and it's ok if you don't) My actual milk came in a couple days after my son was born, but it can take up to 10 days. Don't worry if yours takes a little longer. Colostrum is SUPER rich and will provide everything your baby needs until your milk comes in.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 12:55 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• It is typically on the 3rd day after birth but mine came in about 36 hours after my second baby was born

Colostrum can appear VERY early in pregnancy (like 20 weeks or so)
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:10 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Well my colostrum showed up at about 20 weeks I believe and my milk came in full force 4 days after ds was born.
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 11:20 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• colostrum can appear anytime during pregnancy.
    for most women, milk will come between 3-7 days. some come in the same day as birth. mine came in about 2 1/2 days after birth.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 11:38 PM on Dec. 10, 2009