you cant afford diapers for your kids?

I see that alot on here from women that are complaining about not getting child support. Is that just an exaggeration? Do you all have jobs too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Money & Work

• I get ZERO child support, I work and I support my DD by myself. I don't understand it, either.
    Anonymous

• I have never had one penny of child support. I have a job, now. When my son was born, I lived with my mom and she worked and I got to stay home with him. When he started school, I started working...I have bought a house myself and and provide for my son and myself financially. No outside help.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:36 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Child support is so not helpful. I asked him for things, and it was better. Once I put him on child support-he didn't help and it didn't help.

The guardian pays for everything, they pay a percentage, so activities, trips, going with friends, shoes, sneakers, clothes, school supplies, medicine, soaps, toilet paper, tissue and everything else. I could go on and on but won't.

I do think men/woman who pay child support get off easy.
    Anonymous

• I agree.. but i see posts ranting about not being able to pay for pull ups because the ex isnt paying child support.. and having to ask his family for help.
    I also dont get support.. and i dont understand how you can allow yourself to not be able to provide the necessities for your child. if you dont get help.. then take the responsibility and do it yourself. why cry that you are allowing your child to suffer?
    Anonymous

• My ex doesn't pay his court ordered child support either, and his family doesn't care - they aren't willing to help! However, I had a job when I was single and now my dh supports all of us. I have never let my kids go without things that they needed, and have also been able to provide some of their wants.

Answer by missanc at 12:47 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• . When he started school, I started working...I have bought a house myself and and provide for my son and myself financially. No outside help.

Yeah but your mom fully supported you an her i mean your other child for what? 5 year? that is alot more help then most women get, no?
    Anonymous

• Child support is for the support of the child. The woman didn't have that child all by herself. The man should pay child support. The custodial parent (usually the mom) is responsible for every aspect of the child's care (including finances). The very least the man can do is help support the child financially.

I guess there are times when the woman is short on cash and can't afford diapers or pull-ups. If she isn't receiving financial help from the man, she has every right to complain.

Instead of bashing the moms, why not bash the dead beat DADS who don't fufill their financial obligations??
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 1:11 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• BTW, I make sure my daughter has all of her needs met. But that doesn't mean her father is "off the hook" as far as his financial obligations are concerned. He pays his child support each month, like a man ought to do.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 1:13 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Instead of bashing the moms, why not bash the dead beat DADS who don't fufill their financial obligations??

i agree a man should have to pay.. but as you know.. the child is ultimatly our responsibility when the dad leaves..
    so shouldnt she make sure the child doesnt suffer?
    Anonymous

• i dont believe anyone said anything about dad being "off the hook"

please reread the ?
    Anonymous