Activities for 14 month olds

I'm expecting my 2nd baby any day now and I have a 14 month old at home right now. The weather around my house is not ideal weather for two little ones to be outside. I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any games or activites I can play with my 14 month old to keep her entertained during this wonderful winter weather. I'm wanting to stock up on items now before #2 comes. Any suggestions would be WONDERFUL!

shay1515

Asked by shay1515 at 12:48 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My FAVORITE activity with my DD at that age was coloring! They have the "toddler" crayons, they are easy for them to hold, and my DD loved them so much. We would color for hours. The only thing you have to be careful about is them eating them, she is 18 months now and still tries to eat them when I'm not watching her. They are non toxic so it wont hurt her if she does eat them, but obviously you don't want her to. It is also never too early to start with letters/numbers. So you can print out "handouts" to color w. these off the internet.

We also do "boxes" of stuff. Ie. blocks, books, puzzles etc. We have one of those organizers with the cloth boxes, each box has something different, and we spend time doing one box. We also have extra stuff and interchange it. (Like put some boxes in your room so she can't get them, and change them out every month or so. And DVD's are helpful if all else fails! GL!!!
    Anonymous

• Coloring, play dough (edible if needed), blocks, the big Lego's, pull toys, balls, play tools and a tool box, reader rabbit does a great computer game for 18-3 year olds, wooden puzzles, little people sets, there is the little kid remote control car I think by Tyco. Fisher price has a toy by age section that would give you ideas galore. Leap frog also has some good electronic toys as well, the learning drum is a favoritein my house.  Also the laundry basket and those play tents, and stuffed animals.  Anything they can fill and empty with their treasures.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 4:41 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Oh and for the kitchen fisher price does fridge magnets, one set with cars another set with animals. When they make a match it sings. There is also a letter version.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 5:00 PM on Dec. 10, 2009