mucus plug?

Im 37 weeks and started loosing mine today, is this a good sign? My doctor checked my cervix yesterday (if that could have caused it) but I wasn't dialated yet, she said my cervix was soft though? I know that it doesn't cause labor, I am just wondering if this means I am starting to dialate?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It does not mean you are dilating but the baby is getting Ready to come.

Horray, no need to worry just enjoy the pregnancy while you can. I so miss being pregnant.

I remember each one like it was yesterday. :)
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:58 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Read the other question that is worded the EXACT SAME WAY that was posted yesterday! Someone else had the SAME thing to say, just 24 hours difference. You are probably her
    Anonymous

• lol PP. i think you are probably dilated a bit. and that you will have your baby in the next few weeks. :) congrats!
    Anonymous

• omg the same thing happened to me .. at first i didnt really know what it was .. but yeah it was right after the doc checked me was 1 cm at the time .. ithink or 2 i cant really remember. but i think i had my son prolly about 4 or 5 days after .. goodluck your baby will be here very soon!!!
    Luckyme3487

Answer by Luckyme3487 at 3:41 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Um unfortunately.. Not necessarily. :/ For some women you can lose your mucus plug and not dilate for a while. If I were you I would just do lots more walking and stretching. I also had read that sitting Indian style on the floor helps your cervix dilate. Iono if that is true but it's what I read. So try all that to help you get started. I am 37 weeks and am 1 cm dilated but I have not lost my mucus plug yet. I don't even know what to expect when I do... I don't have a clue of what it will feel like or look like when I lose it. Some women tho never do notice losing it. Anyways hope this helps. good luck :)

Cierra
    Cierra-Jade

Answer by Cierra-Jade at 5:44 PM on Dec. 10, 2009