Can you help with breakfast suggestions for a 3 yr old boy?

Hi,y'all.I just completed my first trimester but Im still weak and nauseous so I havent been cooking anything except bland starchy foods.However,I have an active 3+ yr old son and I feel like I havent been taking care of him ,meal-wise.I mean,it isnt all about me.So,if anyone out thre has any suggestions on quick nutritious breakfast( apart from cereal cos dats all he's had for months),I'd appreciate it.

whiskey80

Asked by whiskey80 at 12:52 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• our staple breakfast is scrambled egg, toast, and banana slices with a glass of milk. takes me maybe 10 min to cook up the whole thing and set it on the table for a family of 6.

Yougert with toast and fruit is quick and easy.

Oatmeal is a popular one at our house too, just the oldfashon oats sprinkled with brown sugar and sliced bananas.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 3:59 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• French toast -easy and very nummy for little ones
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 12:53 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• eggo, quick and easy with some fresh fruit on the side, umm umm good

pancakes, quick and easy-microwave,

Toaster cakes, something warm and delicious.

Good luck
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:55 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• My kids love breakfast burritos. You can make a big batch when you are feeling ok and freeze them individually wrapped. Then you can pull out just what you need and heat it in the oven or microwave.
    I put eggs, sausage or ham, and cheese in mine. I also put fried potatoes in if I am not going to freeze them.
    Also, My guys LOVE yogurt and cherrios. We mix them and our boys can't get enough.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:57 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• If you're pregnant, it's not going to kill him to buy some frozen waffles and let him eat those for a few weeks with some yogurt or fresh fruit until you're feeling better! If you're up to it, scrambled eggs and cheese omelettes are pretty kid friendly and easy too.

(I'm 10 weeks pregnant with a 13 month old, and 8, 9 and 12 year olds so I'm right there with ya!)

Answer by missanc at 1:02 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Kashi go lean waffles with yogurt instead of syrup for dipping. Yummy for nauseas mommy too.

Anonymous

• Oatmeal with dried cranberries

Spinach and cheese omelette with whole grain toast

parfait: layer yogurt, blueberries and granola

Answer by rkoloms at 3:38 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Scrambled eggs with cheese. Add some fruit.
    Anonymous

• toast, english muffins, yogurt, fruit(apples, oranges, bananas,) that is what i did when i had been sick and my kids were little. yoplait makes yo baby yogurt and they are easy for toddlers to handle.
    pebbles596

Answer by pebbles596 at 7:40 AM on Dec. 12, 2009