HPV?

Does anybody else have HPV?
My doctor told me today that they found "pre cancer" cells.
its from hpv.
:(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Health

• Most pre cancer cells are now all from HPV. Usually they are able to completely remove them all with a procedure and then USUALLY, there isnt a reccourance. I had pre cancer cells 10 yrs ago and have never had an abnormal pap since having them removed. I know it sounds a little scary but if caught early, its usually fixable, though Im pretty sure you will always be a carrier.
    Anonymous

• I had pre-cancerous cells, and got tested for HPV twice. I do not have HPV. It's rare that you'll have an abnormal pap and not have HPV, but it happened with me. I got them frozen off, and they haven't returned in the last 4 years, and I have regular pap smears. Some HPV infections actually clear up on their own. your immune system will fight it off.
    Anonymous

• I have HPV. I had an abnormal pap 6 months ago and they had to do colposcopy(think thats what its called). I'm fine, but they want me to get paps twice a year for a while. Many women have HPV and just don't know it. Like myself many don't find out until the abnormal pap. My DD is 18months and I'm considering getting her the vaccine. Another decade on the mark will help with my decision.

Anonymous

• is it safe to have sex with HPV?
    Anonymous

• I had pre-cancerous cells and they did lazer surgery for them years ago and I've been fine since. No one mentioned me having HPV then or since then. Just have the procedure done to get rid of them and you will probably be fine. They find them early and they get rid of them without major treatments like if it went without detection for a long time.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:34 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• yes, i had it. i just had to have a pap 2x a year until it went away. it went away all by itself. it's safe to have sex. if you're with more than 1 person, use a condom that's all.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 1:51 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I had precancerous cells on my cervix 6 years ago, had a LEEP procedure (where they actually "slice" them off and send them for a biopsy as opposed to just freezing them off), and no abnormal paps since then.
    Anonymous

• You can have sex with HPV. Chances are you have had it dormant in your body for years. If you have been married for a while or with you SO for a long time, you probably both carry it and never knew bc it wasn't causing any one any problems. Some strains cause warts while others cause pre cancerous cells. Some strains are passed from mother to child during birth. It's a very common virus. Very.

Your doctor should give you info about it. Also, you may not have any procedure done at all. You might just get watched closely and have a pap every 6 months. My mom has been watching hers for 7 years. She got scared at first then realized the doctor wasn't alarmed at all. No problems.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 2:08 PM on Dec. 10, 2009