• In the Spotlight:

What if I lose it?

Im getting married the middle of next year. We've been engaged since christmas '07. Well he had bought me a $400 engagement ring, but I never wear jewelry. I had took it off at work and layed it on my desk, completely forgot about it. I remembered at home that night, but when I got back to work the next day, it was gone. I was so upset, I cried for days. Because it meant so much to me, and him, and I lost it. I put up flyers, with $1000 reward and everything, I wanted it back so bad. But when we get married I'm afraid of losing my wedding ring too! What can I do? (besides superglue lol)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• Consider getting married WITHOUT a ring. There's no law saying you MUST have one...the paper is what makes the marriage legal, after all.

Yeah, it would be different. So?

Answer by gdiamante at 3:53 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• stop taking it off?
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 1:10 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• WHy would you take off your wedding ring?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:12 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Don't take it of. I hate jewelry but I have only taken my ring off a couple times since we got married 7 years ago. If you take it off, be ready to lose it. My dad has a bowl filled with replacement rings because he loses his so much. My husband is on his forth ring.
    Anonymous

• well if it irratates me, cause I really don't like wearing jewelry.
    Anonymous

• Then maybe you'd be more comfortable with wearing it on a necklace?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:18 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• if you own a house, get it covered on the house insurance, i think it can be covered by renters insurance too. keep it in a safe place. i have a zipping part to my purse that iw ould put my ring in if i ever took it off.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:40 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• @gdiamante

Good Point! Thanks!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I noticed the longer you wear a ring, the less annoying it is. I hated the feeling of wearing one. It just seemed in the way or something, but after wearing it for a long time and not taking it off, it's like it's not even there. Maybe that's your problem? Or maybe you can get your rings tattoo'd on your fingers? lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Dec. 11, 2009