How many SAHM"s have the 'every day is a day off for you' fight with their husband/SO?

I read tons and tons of posts about sahm's who fight with their husbands who don't want to help around the house because it's 'not their job.' It seems that a lot of husbands/SO's tend to insult Sahm's or have lots of tension in the relationship due to feeling like the sahm doesn't bring in any money or work. Is it really worth it to stay home when you are cut down and made to feel like a slave?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i work part time and my husband feels like he does so much more than me
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:12 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I think most men feel like they work harder.

I tell my hubby, if you were living alone, you would not pick up after your self or clean, because you work all day.

SAHM have a job, taking care of the home, and kids, but when hubby is home, it is his responisbility also. SAHM should have the house well kept, and dinner on the table.

I see it as you both have a job. I personally work, and go home and cook. I have two jobs.

IT MUST BE A MANLY THING!!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:15 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• OP here, I am not a sahm. I work full-time, as does the husband. Thank you, oh bitter one.
    Anonymous

• I was that SAHM whose husband said that everyday. Guess what, I got a job, and it still isn't good enough. I still have to clean, cook, take care of our son all by myself and now I have a 40 hour job on top of everything. There are some men that you just can't please.
    Anonymous

• My husband recognizes that I do a lot of work inside the home and with the children. He never insults me or complains that I'm not doing enough. Although, if I complain too much about things he will remind me "You can always get a job". It's more of a reality check than an insult.
    Anonymous

• "OP here, I am not a sahm. I work full-time, as does the husband. Thank you, oh bitter one. "

Baha ha ha haha...She owned you! NIce job OP!
    Anonymous

• OP here again. I am just interested in this conflict and interested to know how sahm's handle it. THere is tension in any situation where kids are involved. It's a shitload of work. I personally have sahm friends who are constantly battling their husbands over 'who works harder', etc. I think it's a shame, because as a working mom, I know that working is waaay easier than staying home with an infant. THey are like tyrants.
    Anonymous

• Wow, you have a lot of hate in you anonymous. I feel very sorry for you. I hope you some day can be happy and stop trying to make others miserable.
    Anonymous

• Not anymore, but when i was married with my practice husband...OH YES!!!!

He was SUCH an ass! I took care of our daughter together & my step children, which were a serious handful & they did not like me due to their mother talking so much smack about me. When he came home from work, if the house was not spic & span, he would bitch. If dinner was not being made, he would bitch. If a asked him to help me with something, he would laug & then bitch saying he already did his part for the family by going to work. I was busy 12 hours a day, until i finally could not take the disrespect anymore & i just left. I just packed my bags one day & left him high & dry. Best decision i ever made, because now i have a man who LOVES to share houseowrk & has nothing but true love & respect for me.

Some men are just total selfish assholes!
    Anonymous

• My DH and I just fight about me being a SAHM. He thinks I need to go to work full time. I don't ask much of him; the only thing I ask him to do is keep an eye out on our DD while I cook dinner 'cause its hard to do so when she's in the kitchen right under me. But, other than that I don't ask for him to help me with anything else. He doesn't realize how much I do around here and how if I went to work full time that I'd still be in charge of cooking, cleaning, baths, feeding the dog, putting our DD to bed, ect. I can't handle all that and I know he wouldn't like me asking him to do some of it since he's spoiled with me not asking him to do it now. Plus, I stay at home all the time, never do things with friends, never spend money on anything but groceries and he spends so much money on car stuff, fast food, movies, cell phone apps, ect. that I told him it wouldn't be fair for me to have to work for him to spend all the $.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 1:21 PM on Dec. 10, 2009