"wow you're pretty big, are you trying to stay that fat"

Ok i'm just so dang frustraited about this and wonder if anyone else who is thin gets pissed about this?

I get a lot of comments from laddies, including family friends, about being small. Like, "wow you've had two kids, your so skinny" or "do you try to stay that thin" or "you should eat some more, your too skinny" or "that's all you're gonna eat" the list goes on and I hear it a lot. It drives me nuts. You get what you got, and I never got to chose my body type, just like girls who struggle with being on the bigger side didn't get to chose. So why is it that people think it's ok to make comments on it? I would never go "maybe you shouldn't eat that much, you're pretty big as it is" or "wow you're getting pretty fat, are you trying to gain that much weight" What gives?

KristaRene

Asked by KristaRene at 1:22 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Health

• I had someone tell me once that if they was as big as I was they would have killed themselves. Some people don't know when to shut their mouths.
    Anonymous

• LMAO,

You have a very valid point, it is rude, and you just made me realize it.

Say it, when they aproach you like that. Just kidding. No, don't be as rude. Say something, tell them it is rude. Don't keep holding it in, I didn't get offended. I am a little over weight.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:25 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• OMG< Anonymous, that is so sad, how dare them.
    That person deserves to be squashed, and trust me they will.

People are so ignorant, and the reason they don't see it, is because people don't stand up to them. So, they go around sounding like an idiot for the rest of their life.

Forget them,

KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:27 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• They obviously don't think they're insulting you. My mom is really skinny too, and always gets the same kind of comments.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 1:27 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I know what you mean.. I have 3 children and a size 4 and I hear that all the time.. But when I was a size 12 no one said a word. I eat what I want, when I want but my portion sizes are small. And after losing the weight I can not eat a large amount of food at a time and somehow small portions are no longer the norm. The norm now is super size everything and pile your plate full and eat until you are stuffed.. I don't get it.. Big or small we get about the same amount of crap from people.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 1:28 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Any extreme stage regarding weight is more of a health problem than anything else. Maybe they are concerned for your health and just worded it incorrectly. I didn't even try to lose weight for a long time and didn't care what ugly things people said. Then one day a friend said he just wanted his friend to be healthy. The way he said it was so sincere and caring for my health and not my appearance that I started out making changes to be a healthier person. If your doctor is ok with your weight then tell them "to each his own" . Some women are destined to be thin....not me but some are! lol SO told me that I need to face the fact that I was destined to be short, fat and dumpy. LOL (nice guy, huh?)

Answer by admckenzie at 1:30 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• people are just rude cause there's too too much freedom to be so. When I was pregnant with my first baby a 'friend' a guy my husband was active duty with and been in training with saw me when I was seven months and told me "Wow you're too skinny you have a baby to take care of you need to eat more!!!!! My ob thought I was gaining wait great and in fact I'd had an ultrasound to rule out twins. so figure that one out!!!

obviously don't keep or choose that person as a friend, busy yourself with those you know appreciate you.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 1:35 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• it's just that people think you get fat after you have a baby bc most women do lol. i don't think they're trying to make you feel bad.... sometimes people say things like that as a compliment (not saying that it's right, but that's what they're thinking). but fat people have to put up with stuff like that too..... i guess people just love to critique people's weight lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 1:54 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Has anyone accused you of having worms? Yeah. My grandma would check all of us for worms all the time. And I've had plenty of non-family members ask me in adulthood if I was infested with tape worms. My lil sis got called "Holocaust Victim" in college.

I always make sure to tell pregnant women how great they look. I always make positive comments on other people's appearance whenever I can because it comes back to you.

Apparently, I don't look pregnant enough according to my mom or the mean old lady in the swim class. Well, I know I've gained 11 inches. So there.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 2:01 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Ask them: "Are you always rude or is today a special occasion?"

Answer by rkoloms at 3:30 PM on Dec. 10, 2009