Spending on your kids this christmas?

I totalled up my Christmas buying yesterday and it came to about $700.00.
a little over $300 went on my daughter.

how much are you spending this year?
How much do you usually spend?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Money & Work

• I little over $2000.
    Anonymous

• We spent around $150 on our son this year. Usually we aim for $500 including son, hubby and me, our parents, grandparents, and the 15 other relatives we buy for each year.
    Anonymous

• 15 other relatives we buy for each year

WOW! you buy for alot of people!
    Anonymous

WOW! you buy for alot of people!

Trying to come up with cheap ways to buy for everyone is always interesting. I shop through out the year just so i can hit all the sales and clearance I can.
    Anonymous

• ya im in the thousands now.. ..we only baught for our kids this year.. we have two girls.. heck me and my hubby didnt even by for each other..we have 18 neices and nephews and last year we could afford to buy all them gifts but im not going to buy them all dollar store stuff.. and most the parents agreed to not buy for anyone other than our parents and our children.. o well.. my kids dont understand that uncle whovere or aunt whoever didnt get them a gift..they dont care....
    Anonymous

• My sons birthday is on the 19th, will all the unexpected bills we'll be lucky to spend 75 on him in gifts..we couldnt decorate or anything this year. My mom is buying him a couple things..and i think SOs mom is going to send him something not sure about that..but hes only going to be one..he wont remember it thankfully...this is the first year im not buying for the rest of my family...i used to spend HUNDREDS every year in credit cards...NOT THIS YEAR!!! Christmas will not break me!
    Anonymous

• How is her college fund?
    Anonymous

• I would say about $600 or so gets spent on my son and we probably spend about $200 on each other.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:47 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• $10 freaking bucks on our son. We'll spend about $200 total- and that's for 12 people, shipping, Christmas cards, and fuel to get to the in-laws.
    Anonymous

• How is her college fund?

she is only 2, but i do buy her a 500 cd a year. not necessarily for college but for when she is 18. why do you ask?
    Anonymous