Prelit tree problem... Please help

I have 2 rows of branches that won't light up, and half of the bottom is lit and the other half is not. I've checked for missing bulbs and replaced a few, but I can't seem to figure out what the problem is.

kristinas8

Asked by kristinas8 at 1:37 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Holidays

• this is why prelit trees sell so well. it's called repetitive buying. i refuse to own one.

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:24 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• there are also fuses.... at least on mine. dh had to fix the prelit this year by taking the burnt out branches out of the tree and switching them with ones in the back that worked. but it was hard because the wires are only so long. you can also fake it with putting more lights on those branches.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:16 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• A lot of prelit trees have several places through out the tree where you have to connect the cords are you sure that all of them are connected? If they are and the tree is new I would return it to the store. If it is an older tree you can buy replacement bulbs pretty much anywhere if you think they have burned out. You might have to restring lights entirely too. I would be willing to bet there is some cord either plugged in incorrectly or not at all. Thats a common mistake :)
    Anonymous