How can I NOT go into labor this week?

I know most Moms want tips on how to get labor started...but I really want to wait until at least the 18th of Dec, after my hubbys OSUT Graduation from Ft.Benning, so he can be there... This is my second baby I am not due until Christmas, but my dr. seems convinced that I won't make it another week...I am only 1.5 cm dialated, 70% effaced and babys head is in -2 station. I have been pretty uncomfortable the last couple days, BH contractions, cramping, and a lot of pelvic pain and pressure. No spotting, so mucus plug or anything. I am supposed to leave for Ft.Benning on the 15th...and now I am getting concerned about going. Any thoughts, suggestions?

nkkk07

Asked by nkkk07 at 1:38 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I loved Ft. Benning. I would not eat anything spicy, lay down as much as possiable. I dont know what else. Just in case you might have the baby make sure you know where the hospitals are on the way down. Where are you coming from?
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 1:41 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• You can't stop the inevitable. I wouldn't even recommend you try. The only thing that might help is drinking plenty of water and staying on bed rest. Baby is going to come when it's ready whether or not it's convenient for you. Can the graduation thing be delayed??
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:41 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I am coming from the Montgomery area in AL, its only about 2.5 hours from my house. There isn't much on the way there, but there is a hospital on post. And no the grad is a pretty big deal...so there's no stopping that.
    nkkk07

Answer by nkkk07 at 1:44 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• All I can think of is bed rest.
    Anonymous

• It wil happen when it is suposed to you cant stop it LOL
    But I can tell you I was at that same stage for a couple weeks with my daughter
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:50 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• you have no control over it.... I was 3 cm at 36 weeks and my dr told me to go home and get ready because DS would be here by Halloween... I was still 3 cm when dialated the day after Thanksgiving when I was induced
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:52 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Well all you can do is pray. The birth of the baby is a bigger deal and can't be put on hold unfortunately. Just keep your feet up and rest . Good luck.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:13 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• hmmm... i think there is nothing you can do to really stop it but relaxing as much as possible can't hurt. :) good luck!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 2:18 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• yes to be honest to HELP make it not come.. take muscle relaxers. it will relax your uterus. ask your doc about them i think they are clled tribuline or somethng.. they have the shot kind, but ask for pills
    Anonymous

• Dilation is not an indication of anything and the baby will come when its ready, there is nothing you can do to stop it. I wish doctors would stop trying to make those predictions, there is no way of telling.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 3:01 PM on Dec. 10, 2009