pagent questions

My daughter did 1 or 2 very small beauty pagents a few years ago. We only did natural contests so there's no make-up. And even after winning in our region, we never took it higher even though we qualified. We just didn't think it was that important. She had the crown and the trophy and we figured it's a cute story for when she's bigger. She's now almost 4 and loves to looking and playing with her trophies and crowns.
The other day we were changing channels on t.v. and she saw one of the many beauty pagents shows that are on now a days, and asked if that was like what she did. We said it was alot like it but without the make-up and big hair. And she asked if she could start doing it again and get more crowns. I told her we would think about it. And i said when she got older if she wanted to do it we would let her, but at almost 4, do you think she's old enough to decide to start back up, or should we say not til shes older?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i think its ok to let her startdoing paegants its very cute i would also choose all natural children dont need 2 wear makeup gl
    Armywifelovely

Answer by Armywifelovely at 1:56 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I would never let my child be in a beauty pageant at any age, so of course I think she's too young. I think it teaches them so many wrong things that it's insane.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 2:02 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• If it makes her happy than go for it. My mom was going to put me in pageants and I wanted to do them. but my dad didn't let her and now that im older i really wished I got to participate.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 2:17 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• i wouldnt allow it, but i am very against putting girls into situations where they are judged superficially. they get enough of that already. i understand wanting crowns... but it is all up to you, are you okay with strangers judging and ranking your child on her looks compared to the others, or does that seem wrong to you?
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:28 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• If she wants to try again let her, but once shes had enough STOP!! I think that is the WORST part about pagent thing, parents get more wrapped up in it than the child, so when the child is done they force them to keep going. But honestly theres nothign wrong with it, if she loses and is still happy, great, she learns how to be confident. Its worth a try IMO.
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 2:38 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• the other natural one we did, was very basic, and everybody won a crown or a trophy. i would never push it, its to expensive and time consuming to do at all much less with a child that doesn't want to do it. and they also get judged on a talent when they get older, and on an interview, but I'm not sure if they do talent and interview at her age. Thats something we need to find out before deciding to get into it.
    Anonymous