Male vs Female Gynecologist?

Does it matter to you? I always seem to get males, it doesn't really matter. I guess the first time seeing any doctor is nerve racking.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I wont have a female anymore. I had a female when i was a teen and she was a mean know it all pain. If I had a concern she wouldn't even check it out. When she got pregnant she got worse. I changed to a male and he ALWAYS listened to me. I will never have a female Dr anything again

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:54 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• male who wants a chick in their vagina
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 1:55 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• i have a male as my primary dr. and i love him. i have had females in the past bc i assumed they would be more gentle and understanding, but they were just plain bitchy and would make comments about my weight or treat me like i was a dummy. i prefer males
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 1:56 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I'd prefer a female, but back when I had my baby w/my insurance (Tricare), I had no choice and had the have a male. I hated it and was so uncomfortable. I think the only time I wasn't uncomfortable with a male was when I was in labor (my doctor couldn't deliver my baby 'cause I was induce, stupid rule from the hospital I was at since the base hospital didn't do deliveries).
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 1:58 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Honestly..for some reason, I like the male Dr.'s more. I suppose it's because they seem to be less personal...a trait I actually prefer in OBGYN's.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 1:59 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I prefer female when it comes to all doctors. I don't mean to be sexist, I just feel more comfortable speaking about embarassing things to a women. I don't want to tell a guy about my discharge. In general I feel I can be more open with women.
    Anonymous

• I don't care, as long as they actually care. For pap's, I'd rather have a man doc, they talk less. I do not want to talk when I'm getting that done. But I see a male GYN now, and I don't care for him. I hadn't had a period since March/April time frame. An ultrasound showed a problem. When I went to him, I expressed concern about uterine cancer, my Nana had it. I also asked to just have a hysterectomy, for that reason and for migrains. He kinda just smirked at me, and said no. It's a major surgery. Which I kinda understand, but I worry, a lot. And that can cause small problems to get to be big ones. (I have now been spotting since last Monday, and don't know what the hell is wrong.) I am getting a procedure done, I guess a D&C, he didn't say, next month. More info then was asked for. Sorry bout that. I don't care what sex the doc is as long as they are competent, caring, and not an ass.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 2:05 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• when i was young i wanted female because i was embarrassed. after seeing 2 male docs in my practice i am sticking with them. they are simply kinder and more physically gentile than the women, they could give me a pap and i didnt even know it, women docs have made me cry from it. the docs that are males are also DO's instead of MD's and i have desided that is for me. i dont want to see any more MD's. i think most of what md's do is push pills, i prefer wholistic meds.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:09 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• ABPeterson, you do have a choice. You can request a PCM change. Or when you schedule your appointment, if it's on post, you can request a different doctor.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 2:18 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• either is fine with us. Please me and my husband can be completely opened with them. I rather them be open, honest but not rude disrespectful. plus me and my husband are working losing weight and the dr.we tell them that we've heard this and that . Tell me what we haven't heard .
    hotmama08106

Answer by hotmama08106 at 2:18 PM on Dec. 10, 2009