Castor oil packs for ovarian cyst

Has anyone ever tried this? If so, did it work in eliminating your cyst?

dawpea

Asked by dawpea at 2:04 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Health

• My daughter had an ovarian cyst and it had to be surgically removed. WHERE are you thinking about putting a "castor oil pack" ? Ehhhh? I don' think its going to work. Where did you hear about that? I have never ever heard of such a thing. It sounds dangerous.
    Anonymous

• I tried castor oil and it didn't work for me. I had a large painful cyst on my right ovary (6 cm) with a 2 cm cyst in my right fallopian tube. After several months with no change, they wanted to do surgery. A friend of mine suggested drinking a mixture of 1 tbsp Organic Apple Cider Vinegar with the "mother" and 1 tbsp blackstrap molasses. Mix together with about 4 oz of water and drink every day. (It actually doesn't taste horrible.) I kid you not- both cysts were completely gone in 2 mos. The doc asked me at my ultrasound what I did, and I told her. She seemed surprised. It's important that you use the vinegar with the "mother"- it's an enzyme that is usually pasteurized out of most vinegar. You can get it at health food stores or Whole Foods. Good luck!
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 4:52 PM on Feb. 5, 2010